Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Publication: Each of the authors warrants that the enclosed article is original and does not infringe any copyright or violate any other right of any third parties, and that the article has not been published elsewhere or is not being considered for publication elsewhere in any form, except as explained to the Editor. A declaration detailing any prior presentation is included in the manuscript.
Authorship: Our Journal follows the ICMJE Recommendations for defining authorship. Authors must meet ALL FOUR of the following criteria:
(1) Substantial contributions to the conception or design of the work; or the acquisition, analysis, or interpretation of data for the work; AND
(2) Drafting the work or revising it critically for important intellectual content; AND
(3) Final approval of the version to be published; AND
(4) Agreement to be accountable for all aspects of the work in ensuring that questions related to the accuracy or integrity of any part of the work are appropriately investigated and resolved.
ALL and ONLY individuals meeting these requirements should be credited as authors. Individuals who contributed substantially to the study but do not meet these requirements should be acknowledged.
- Conflicts of interest: A detailed definition of conflicts of interest is provided by ICMJE (www.icmje.org/conflicts-of-interest). Please declare if there are any conflicts of interests in the past 3 years. ALL authors must state any conflicts of interest in the Declaration section of the manuscript or submit an individual ICMJE form (http://icmje.org/conflicts-of-interest/). If there are no conflicts of interest, state “All authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.”
Funding/Support: State any funding source/grants (with grant numbers) or other material support for the study.
If appropriate, add: “The funder had no role in study design, data collection/analysis/interpretation or manuscript preparation.” or “This research received no specific grant from any funding agency in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.” in the Funding/Support section of the manuscript.
- Acknowledgement: All and only individuals who have made substantial contributions but who do not fulfil the authorship criteria should be acknowledged in the Acknowledgement section of the manuscript. The Corresponding Author must obtain written permission from all individuals named in the Acknowledgement.
Ethics Approval: For research articles, a statement should be included in the Ethics Approval section of the manuscript declaring that (1) the study obtained ethics approval, with the name of the ethics committee(s) or institutional review board(s) and the reference number of the approval(s), and that the participants (or a parent/guardian) gave informed consent before the study, OR that (2) a waiver was given by the ethics committee / institutional review board.
Prospective human clinical trials must have been preregistered in a clinical trial database. For these articles, the registration number and database name are included in the manuscript.
- Patient consent for publication: Please include statements in the manuscript that (A) the patient was treated in accordance with the Declaration of Helsinki, (B) the patient provided informed consent for the treatment/procedures, and (C) the patient provided consent for publication.
- Copyright Transfer: The Corresponding Author, on behalf of all the authors, hereby grant and assign to the Hong Kong Journal of Gynaecology, Obstetrics and Midwifery worldwide copyrights of the manuscript (including all related diagrams, photographs and other material) if it is accepted for publication.
Editorials are invited contributions that complement papers published elsewhere in the journal.
Original Articles include controlled trials, interventional studies, studies of screening and diagnostic tests, outcome studies, cost-effectiveness analyses, and large-scale epidemiological studies. All Original Articles should be prepared according to the ICMJE recommendations (www.icmje.org/recommendations/browse/manuscript-preparation/preparing-for-submission.html).
Review Article is a systematic critical assessment of literature and data sources pertaining to a particular clinical topic, and emphasise factors such as cause, diagnosis, prognosis, therapy, or prevention. All articles and data sources reviewed should include information about the specific type of study or analysis, population, intervention, exposure, and test or outcomes. All articles and data sources should be selected systematically for inclusion in the review and critically evaluated. The selection process should also be described in the paper.
Medical Practice papers should target a single therapeutic or diagnostic intervention for a reasonably common clinical problem; it can be regarded as an advance on earlier / past practice. These papers should be supported by compelling and robust evidence, and clearly and concisely indicate in what way practice needs to change / advance. Such advocated change should be both feasible and beneficial. Position statements, consensus statements, and clinical practice guidelines are published under Medical Practice category.
Perspectives are narrative reviews of the literature discussing recent developments in a specific topic or guiding practice for clinicians, and may include the perspective or opinions of the author(s). New findings or patient data are not compulsory.
Feature articles are usually invited articles featuring special topics in our field.
Case Reports present the diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up of a patient with an unusual or unique aspect. Authors must follow the CARE guidelines (www.care-statement.org/) when writing a Case Report.
Letter to the Editor
Letters to the Editor discussing a recent article should be sent within 6 weeks of the article’s publication. Letters that do not refer to any article may also be considered.
Our Journal is fully open access.
Copyright of all articles is transferred to the Journal on acceptance for publication.
Articles published in the Journal are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) licence.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.